Nov

Travellin’ Man

by MARIA on November 17, 2009

My husband is a bit of a travellin’ man. He actually travels quite often for business, and I’m somewhat used to it. Somewhat. I will admit that I don’t really enjoy those trips that last longer than a week, but work is work, so I deal with it. Of course, it is harder now with the children, because they get upset and miss him when he’s gone. They don’t understand – they just want their Daddy around.

Years before my husband and I met, he was a traveler of a different kind; without schedule or specifics. His travels were guided by his soul and a desire for enlightenment. Through that journey, he visited so many beautiful places and had so many life-changing experiences, it really amazes me even now. Although he’s all business these days, back in his 20s he was a writer, a poet and a sculptor. He began his travels at the age of 21 and saw many countries, including:

Yugoslavia

Hungary

Egypt

Jordan

Syria
Turkey

Iraq

Greece
Cyprus
Israel

He returned to Canada after his extensive travels, but when he was 26, he traveled to Italy, where he lived for over a year, working on his novel and poetry, drinking copious amounts of vino and sculpting some marble pieces that now sit proudly in our living room.

These days he travels more for work, and for longer periods of time. In the last year alone, he’s been to Germany, Costa Rica, Hawaii, and Australia, not to mention all over the U.S. This latest business trip will be taking him to England and Amsterdam.

I’m not bitter – I swear. I only get bitter when the kids coincidentally come down with something, the minute he gets in the car and drives away. I’ve done the stats, it happens about 90% of the time. That part is not fun.

And those times when he calls me from these beautiful locales like Hawaii during dinner time, I try not to choke on my KD, while he describes his amazing meal with exact detail.

But I swear I’m not bitter.

Listening to the husband talk about how difficult, eight days of business in a foreign land is, does not really compare to how difficult eight days of 24/7 mommy business is, does it?

But who is really missing out?

I know that I won’t get the chance to see Big Ben or Buckingham Palace or the London Eye this week, and that’s okay, because I will be taking care of business on this side of the pond, with my two little people in tow. As a mom, I know and appreciate that every little moment with them is an absolute privilege. They are my London, my Amsterdam, my Hawaii. In reality, I won’t actually be missing out on anything. I won’t miss a moment.

But my husband will miss eight days worth.

Poor guy.

1 Darryl Koster November 17, 2009 at 9:20 am

Take it from a man who works during the summer months pretty much 5 months straight without a day off and about 18 hour days every day. I am ENVIOUS of my wife, I miss so much that it kills me. Those calls home when she tells me the things the two little ones are doing break my heart that I cannot be there with them watching them. I am sure your husband is the same after talking to you about dinner and how fantastic it was when you say, guess what they did today – I can tell you from experience that somewhere inside each time that happens a little piece of you dies with regret and longing.

Great post.

2 Becca November 17, 2009 at 9:22 am

So sweet. And a great point. I often envy my husband for his 45 minute commute into and home from NYC. I wish I had that 90 minutes to myself, to read, write, sleep, just SIT. But then again, he misses the sweet early morning pajama cuddles, story time at night, fun bath parties, etc. I guess I wouldn’t want it any other way either.
But wow, what amazing places he’s seen! Amazing!

3 amotherworld November 17, 2009 at 9:24 am

That’s tough, for you, your husband and your kids. But it’s amazing that you are so supportive and understanding. Wouldn’t it be nice to take the kids and join him on a business trip? That would be awesome.

4 Sarah November 17, 2009 at 9:33 am

Beautiful! My dad traveled a LOT (and still does). In fact, he is currently in Taiwan and will be in about 5 more places in Asia in the next week, rounding out his bi-annual month-long trip to Asia. Two weeks before he left, he was in Europe for 3 weeks.

That pretty much sums up my childhood – it was all about my mom much of the time.

It was hard for everybody. Luckily in this day and age, you have access to Skype and cell phones, etc.

Some tips for helping your kids cope: give them something of his (a shirt, a pillow, etc.) while he’s gone & have them give him a small something to take with him. I used to sleep with my dad’s pillow while wearing one of his shirts…

Have a great week with your kids!

5 blueviolet November 17, 2009 at 9:34 am

I’d be a little bit jealous but I still think you’ve got the better end of the deal!

6 Lauren @ MOMMYISROCKNROLL November 17, 2009 at 9:39 am

We do have the best job. And the hardest.

7 managed chaos November 17, 2009 at 10:28 am

My husband is quite the travellin’ man himself, visiting S. Africa, Mexico, Germany, India, London, Argentina, and Brazil this year alone (not counting his countless business trips to other US states). I know it’s much harder on him as he’s away from those he loves, but sometimes you can’t help but be a little envious of all his new experiences without you.

8 Elaine November 17, 2009 at 10:55 am

I know Tim missed the kids like CRAZY when he was traveling so much last year. They do miss out on a lot of stuff when they are gone a lot. However Tim was going to the same city every week. I think traveling to different countries could be somewhat distracting, at least for a few days… ;-)

9 Christine LaRocque November 17, 2009 at 10:58 am

What a great post! A dose of perspective for us all I think. I always complain when my husband has to work late, but it could be much worse. You remind me of what really matters.

10 LZ November 17, 2009 at 10:59 am

It’s true – he is missing a lot. My husband doesn’t travel much for work, but it upsets him when he has to go away. I don’t love it either. It must be tough for longer stretches…

11 ali_rn November 17, 2009 at 11:02 am

This exactly sums up my fear for my husband and his relationship with his children, he does not travel, but he works an hour away. At best spends an hour or two a day with his kids, at worst does not see them at all, and has been working 7 days a week. I try to tell him, he is misisng it, they will not be this little forever, he tells me he knows.. This is beautifully written, and I get it.

12 Pres. Kathy November 17, 2009 at 11:04 am

As we speak my husband is on a trip to Paris, Greece, and Turkey. I have to admit that I am a little jealous. We miss him! My husband is a Greek priest so he is gone A LOT! I am use to this, but once in a while I wish I could have some time alone. I know in the end that us moms have the best job in the world. I wouldn’t trade it for anything! Ok – maybe for some sleep once in a while!!!! :-)

13 Kelly @Childhood November 17, 2009 at 11:12 am

I loved this post Maria…

I’m a bit of a wander myself.
I am home with my children all day everyday, but when the open road calls me… I go. My husband is used to it. If he didn’t let me have this air to breathe… I’d suffocate.
I’m sure there are some out there that would call me selfish and tell me that there’s no better place for me to be than at home… and I agree to some point.
But within each of us is something we are all somewhat selfish about and without it we may suffocate.
Whether it’s traveling all over creation or our morning Starbucks… it doesn’t have to be big or small… it’s what makes us… well… US.
Indeed being there for all of those special moments with my children is the best reward I could ever ask for in giving up the majority of my freedom to roam and a would-be career. I wouldn’t have it any other way…
I am however grateful that when I get that itch to go… I have a supportive family that encourages the whimsy that is me.

xoxo
Kelly

14 Karen (@agentninety9) November 17, 2009 at 11:41 am

Chris is also away a lot. He’s away right now and won’t be back until the 8th of December. He always misses so much. Right now he’s insisting I take our video camera to each and every one of Grace’s skating lessons. I do. Because he’s missing it and I know it kills him. I couldn’t function if I was in his shoes.

15 mel November 17, 2009 at 11:44 am

love this post. perspective.

16 nicole November 17, 2009 at 11:44 am

My husband doesn’t travel, but I still have times when I wish I was the one who went to work every day. Not often, and the feelings are usually fleeting, but they happen. I try to maintain a positive attitude and most of the time I can do it. But it is a choice each day, at least for me.

And when he has traveled, and he recounts to me his delicious meal, it takes all of my will power not to reply back with “Yeah, well, my PB&J was probably the best one I ever made.” Sometimes I don’t have enough will power.

17 Ali November 17, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Great post, Maria…yes, it is easy to allow ourselves to wallow in self-pity at how hard our job is, being at home all day, and envying those who are able to get a break, but you said it so well…we are the ones getting to experience the REAL artists life, sculpting our little ones into the amazing people they are going to be!

18 Eric November 17, 2009 at 12:33 pm

While I don’t travel as much as your husband does, I do travel for work as well and I can say that its a challenge for me as well.

I can remember a few years ago when my eldest was about two and my twins were newborns, I had a stretch where in a 9 week period I was gone for 4 including two weeks in one stretch. I can remember having my son tell me on the phone that he loved me and I started to weep. While travel can involve unique destinations, it seldom involves fun and sightseeing. The hours are long and I miss my family. Coming home has always been one of the best parts of traveling for me, since home is always where the heart is.

19 Kisha Floren November 17, 2009 at 1:04 pm

My husband travels quite often for work, and at first I resented him SO much for leaving me to handle everything. But I shifted my way of thinking, and now am so grateful that his job allows me to be here and handle everything, and for that I am so grateful.

20 Brenda (@ottawamom) November 17, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Great post! I know I hate it when my husband travels but never thought about what he was missing out on, only what I was stuck doing at home without him. Thanks for putting it into a better perspective!

21 Chantal November 17, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I am the one who travels for work in our family. I find it hard. I can be in the most beautiful local but I still miss my family. And I worry, but my hubby usually holds up the fort better than I probably could.

You are a wonderful wife for being so understanding. I know a few who aren’t.

22 john cave osborne November 17, 2009 at 2:39 pm

on average, i used to be gone nearly four nights per week. and it sucked. i can’t imagine doing that now. as a small business owner, the headaches are numerous, and the pay not quite what it was when i was a white-collared warrior, armed only with my carry-on, that day’s WSJ, and a first-class bording pass. from time to time, i mention the possibility of selling out to my partner and returning to my former world.
then my wife reminds me that she’d be left alone to deal w/ our 8 yo and 2 yo triplets, and for emphasis goes on to point out that prison time does not frighten her.

my point? while both are difficult, going on an 8-day mommy bender is more difficult than an n8 day biz trip–even if it’s across the pond. at least there are adult moments on an 8 day business trip. a nice meal, maybe even a glass of wine (gasp) without Wizards of Waverly Place blaring in the background.

good luck, and great post! -jco-

23 Scott November 17, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I work in film production and miss my kids horribly on long shoots. Currently I’m sharing a job with another sound guy (I get to do location sound) which works great! My wife works from home half time and long hours too…I’m going to hold off longer gigs until they’re school age. A well-written piece that nails many of my concerns. Nice to know others are facing this. Thanks for sharing.

24 BigLittleWolf November 17, 2009 at 4:18 pm

The pictures are wonderful! And the travels (especially pre-business) sound amazing. It is difficult having a traveling spouse, and dealing with so much time as the lone adult, parenting. Been there. It’s hard.

25 Adelas (Della) November 17, 2009 at 6:15 pm

I’ve been daytime single-mommin’ for 2 months now (ever since the baby was born) while my husband has a 2-hr commute (each way, daily) to the only work he could find, after 11 months of unemployment, that would pay our bills.

He was home all day with our son for most of those 11 months. Then, poof. Now he’s home for 1-2 hours before it’s kiddo’s bedtime. I hate that I have to translate the toddlerese for him. I hate that the kid sees his picture and I have to explain that Dit-dee is coming home, but Later, and for now we have to Wait. Later, and Wait, aren’t the easiest concepts for a 20-month-old. For now, it just seems like Gone.

26 Sarah November 17, 2009 at 6:37 pm

That picture: If dogs run free, why can’t we?
Pretty powerful stuff.

Traveling something that I always thought I would do. When I was young, mind you. Not old. But I didn’t pursue it and I ended up pregnant, and life has taken different turns. Wonderful turns. But different than imagined.

It is nearly impossible to have it all! To be able to see the world, to work, to enjoy all the time you can with your family. People say balance – seek out balance. But is there really a balance? No matter what you are missing out on something. Choices are choices but some of them are necessary. I am both envious and sad about all the traveling your husband has to do. For him AND for you!

This was a GREAT post!
Sarah

27 Rick November 17, 2009 at 8:44 pm

I’ve traveled a lot, and I mean a lot. The choice was mine – I could have found a job that required less or no travel. One day I came home to learn my wife had gall bladder cancer. Life is too short to piss it away on crap that really doesn’t matter like a job that makes you feel important because you’ve achieved the highest level in a frequent flyer program.

There is no such thing as a necessary choice – that’s an oxymoron.

if you truly want to spent more time with him, tell him to limit his travel. Maybe you will be surprised by the answer.

I’m not bitter.

28 Maria November 17, 2009 at 8:48 pm

You are so right Rick. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and leave a comment. Its sad that sometimes it takes something like serious illness to really give us some perspective on the true importance of life and family and how skewed priorities can be.

29 Connie November 17, 2009 at 9:18 pm

WOW! Great perspective. I’m in the same type of situation, although my husband’s travel has been markedly less of late. He’s been to China, Iran, England, Kyrgyzstan, and several US states. I always feel “left behind”, but after reading your post I will have a new perspective. He will definitely be the one missing the excitement of life with 3 kids under 8 and all the joy they bring.

30 Have Baby Will Travel November 17, 2009 at 9:31 pm

I gotta admit – I’d be bitter.

Any chance you & the kiddos could tag along for a trip?

31 sarahcaiafa November 17, 2009 at 10:23 pm

you are so very right. My bio father learned that lesson to late in life. I would also be thankful he had a job. Those situations are hard.

32 Theta Mom November 17, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Awesome post Maria! I love how you ended it. So perfect. My husband doesn’t travel but he WORKS a lot. So, same deal, I totally get it. They miss a lot, so I guess at least we don’t have to.

33 Loukia November 17, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Oh, Maria… great post… your husband certainly has had some amazing travels and has some great stories to tell, but you know, you are right… you will get a chance to see all those places, if you want, when your children grow up. You are a great mom to your darling children… and I am glad you wouldn’t want it any other way!

34 CanadianMama November 17, 2009 at 11:09 pm

This sounds a lot like a post I could write! My hub travels a lot too. He also used to travel for fun, now it’s mostly for work. Last night (he left for Houston this am at 4;30) he said to me: “it was so much easier to leave Chicken when he was a baby but now he’s just such a great guy that I hate to leave him”. I remind myself that when he’s telling me about the great weather or the nice dinner he just had!!

35 Shannon @ Anchormommy November 18, 2009 at 12:04 am

What a lucky guy! I totally hear you though. It would be so hard to hear about all the wonderful places he’s going to, especially when you have to deal with everything at home on your own. But really — if the situation were reversed, you would miss your kids terribly and think of them constantly! At least you don’t have to suffer that kind of anguish.

36 Lady Mama November 18, 2009 at 12:58 am

Um. Wow. All those countries! I thought I had been to a lot of places but wow. I’m in awe of how you manage alone with two kids so much. I very rarely have to cope alone for more than eight hours while my husband goes to work and returns in the evening. And by the end of the day I’m exhausted. It must be tough for him knowing how much he’s missing out on back home too.

37 Domestically Challenged November 18, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Very, very true! Glad you can see that!!

38 Jonathan November 18, 2009 at 3:51 pm

I’ve finally arrived in my hotel room – a red eye to London – with presentations at 9am into the afternoon and an evening event with Lord Sugar at Kensington Palace.

With all of the inspiring presentations today on global expansion… there are only three inspirations that brought a tear to my eye during a presentation on leadership… and they were:

The Lord Stanleys

Maria – the Minister of Care – and the leader of our Tribe
Lord Nicholas – the Deputy Minister of Domestic Star Wars Affairs
and Lord Nasia – my beautiful Princess of ABCs

Love and kisses! See you on Skype soon.

39 Sandy November 19, 2009 at 1:01 pm

This is a great post. Really heartfelt. Both Darin and I spend a lot of time working from home and sometimes I want to kill him, but I do miss him when he’s gone (which is never often enough…lol…just kidding).

40 Jack November 19, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Business travel gets old very quickly. I have gone through periods of time where I rarely see the family and the kids wonder who I am. Ok, they know, but I feel badly about it. I really try to limit it so that I am not gone all the time. Life is too short and a hotel room is the same no matter where it is located.

41 Jessica November 19, 2009 at 10:38 pm

I love your perspective. This was really beautiful, your husband is a very lucky guy on many counts. I can’t quite imagine my hubs being gone for that long, that often. My hat’s off to you, mama. xx

42 Lydia, Clueless Crafter November 20, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I don’t know if this could have come at any more of a better time.

My husband has been away for a week, leaving me home to tend to things here. He has gone to swish dinners, rooftop bars in LA, rubbed elbows with the best in his industry, and even was given a free laptop.

I’m trying not to be bitter. But, I am sad and afraid of his success and afraid for the future of our marriage. This is the time when we set or living and working style. We both like to work, but his job may take him travelling more. I couldn’t even relate to him when he was 3 hrs behind NY time and his days were consumed with excitement. By the end of the day, he needed good sleep. By the end of the day, I wanted to know he would get good sleep. But there was never time for that.

Balance and candor will help remedy this, I believe. Tips are always welcome.

43 Jessica - This is Worthwhile November 20, 2009 at 11:02 pm

In the beginning when Anthony traveled I was terrified and overwhelmed. Now I look forward to the break in cooking and cleaning. Having just one other adult to take care of seems to increase my work exponentially. And like you, I don’t resent it because I’m working just as hard for our family as he is and I don’t care that I’m missing out on Athens or Tokyo: I’m here with Hollis :)

44 Chocolate Lover February 3, 2010 at 12:34 am

Happy SITS Day! I can only imagine how difficult it must be when the kids are sick and your husband is out of town, or out of the country.
On a cool note, your husband has been to Cyprus, where my fiance and I are from, and we too are currently living in Canada :)

45 Chocolate Lover February 3, 2010 at 12:36 am

And I take it you are Greek :)

46 greedygrace February 3, 2010 at 1:55 am

My husband travels a lot for work, too. Right now, it’s day two of a ten day trip. He constantly asks me to email him video of the kids. I agree– the guys are missing out on way more than we are!

47 Skooks February 3, 2010 at 3:15 am

So true. I have a friend whose husband travels quite often for work and I don’t envy her one bit. These kids can be crazy beasts, but I would be so sad to be away for them for so long! A few hours to have mommy-alone-time YES. A week NO.

48 Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" February 3, 2010 at 5:44 am

That must be hard on you with him traveling all the time. I would not like my husband to have a traveling job. It’s neat though that he has been to so many countries.

Congrats on your SITS day!

49 Tutus and Tantrumns February 3, 2010 at 5:47 am

Yes, I know the feeling! My hubs was in France for our Anniversary last year! Ya, I was bitter! Happy SITS day!

50 Louise February 3, 2010 at 7:28 am

Yup! What a shame that he has to miss all those wonderful growing-up moments. And whenever you might be feeling sorry for yourself (and I often do too when my husband is away on business and calls me from some swanky restaurant), think of a friend of mine whose husband is a civilian helicopter pilot – he’s been in Afghanistan since the start of November and she’s now counting the days before he comes home at the end of February. She also has two little ones, and lives in Italy speaking not very much Italian, and with no home help. That’s tough.

51 Herself February 3, 2010 at 7:50 am

Fabulous pics!
Happy SITS.

52 judy February 3, 2010 at 8:13 am

This sounds like a difficult challenge.

53 joy February 3, 2010 at 8:19 am

“They are my London, my Amsterdam, my Hawaii”

Beautiful.

Congrats on your SITS day.

54 Mary February 3, 2010 at 9:28 am

Here from SITS!

Wow, that’s got to be difficult to deal with in a marriage – I had no idea husbands were such world travelers these days! On the other hand, what a charmed life he’s had to have had the opportunity to do that in his youth, and then still be able to do that now, and have a family and a loving wife who is there to keep that family together at home while he’s gone.

Hope you’re having a wonderful feature day!

55 Kim@cheapchichome February 3, 2010 at 9:45 am

Thoughtful and true.

56 Melissa @Cellulite Investigation February 3, 2010 at 9:50 am

“They are my London, my Amsterdam, my Hawaii.”

Beautiful.

57 Melissa @Cellulite Investigation February 3, 2010 at 9:51 am

I can’t believe I wrote the same exact comment as Joy. I gotta check out her blog. We must be on the same wavelength.

58 Katherine February 3, 2010 at 10:05 am

This is very beautiful! And so true!

59 MARIE COLE February 3, 2010 at 10:06 am

Difficult situation for both of you…

60 Young Wife February 3, 2010 at 10:31 am

“They are my London, my Amsterdam, my Hawaii.” So sweet! Happy SITS Day.

61 The Fickle Nickle February 3, 2010 at 10:51 am

I LOVE this post!! The ending was so touching, and very relatable:)

xoxo

62 Colleen February 3, 2010 at 11:17 am

Aw so sweet! I’d give up the world for my kids too.

63 Marilyn February 3, 2010 at 11:22 am

My husband travels for work too. I kind of hate it but like you said work is work and there’s nothing to be done about it. I know he’d rather be home. And I wish I was flying all over. I guess we both have a bit of the grass is greener thing going on.

64 Bea February 3, 2010 at 12:06 pm

It’ll be interesting to see down the road, who has the better memories.

65 Kearsie February 3, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I agree, your husband is the one who is missing out. I started working full time two years ago and put my kids in a day care and when my oldest daughter lost her first tooth it was there, at day care. And I came home and cried, because you just can’t get that kind of stuff back, you know?

66 Heather February 3, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Wow…I don’t know what I’d do if my husband had to travel all the time for work. I get upset when he has to work a few hours of overtime! But like you said, mostly because of having kids and how hard it is to do it on your own!

67 Angelia Sims February 3, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I really, really want to go to Italy. How awesome he was able to travel like that.

Here is how I see it. He is checking out ALL the spots so when the kids are grown. You two can go ONLY to the BEST places. Your trips will be perfect!
:-)

68 Andrea February 3, 2010 at 1:44 pm

My husband doesn’t travel, but he’s usually gone for 15-16 hours a day. It can be so hard, but our work is so rewarding. I am grateful my kids will have good memories of the fun we’ve had together!

69 Joann Mannix February 3, 2010 at 2:12 pm

How sweet and true are your words! My husband traveled regularly, when the kids were small. He missed so much and he told me one time that if he had one regret that it would be missing huge chunks of their life. When he stopped traveling so much, he was ever present in their lives. If you can, he made up for all the moments he was gone and all three do adore their dad, the fun-maker in our family. On the hard days, when they were small and I was alone, I thought about how I wouldn’t change places for the world, but he would. It helped.

Your blog post is beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.

70 Tracy @HallofFameMoms February 3, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Wow, he does travel! Does he bring you souveniers – at least? ;) Nice post.

71 Sara February 3, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I could’ve written this post. My husband travels lots too. It’s hard not to get bitter.

72 Molly February 3, 2010 at 4:38 pm

That is such a wonderful way to look at it. Good for you!

73 Amber February 3, 2010 at 9:22 pm

This is really sweet! You’re so understanding… maybe I don’t understand because I don’t have kids yet. But I would be pissed, jealous and bitter if my husband went to Hawaii without me lol.
I’m such a beeyotch :(.

74 mom2kmjx2 February 3, 2010 at 9:36 pm

That was beautiful. Sorry he’s gone so much.

75 Rachel February 3, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Neat pictures and neat places! Even if you can’t travel with him, I’m sure it’s great to hear some of his stories of places he’s been. And that is great that you get to stay with your precious children.

76 ConnieFoggles February 3, 2010 at 10:51 pm

It must be tough to handle being alone while he travels. I get you about being with your children though. I hope you get to go on some amazing vacations together, if you can handle flying ;)

77 Kristin February 5, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Isn’t that the truth? Every minute with my munchkin is a gift!

78 noelle d February 5, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Aww!
How fun for him as for the travelling, but I know it sucks he is missing so much!
(My husband is currently deployed and we have a baby boy that will be 1 in a couple weeks)
Happy SITS day!

79 Evie Garone July 3, 2010 at 4:20 pm

God Bless You Sista’!! It is hard for everyone!! Just love everyone and remember that we’re all doing the BEST we can. Love the kids when they are little, it doesn’t last long!! My husband travelled & I missed him, but I loved my alone time, too, after I put the kids to bed, I’d chill. Find yourself. All the travelling isn’t what it’s cracked up to be! Mothering is still the MOST important job!! Good Luck & Kiss & Hug everyone LOTS!!

evelyngarone.com

80 Normita April 8, 2011 at 2:46 am

Wow!! I don´t feel mommy lost about husband work traveling anymore…first Great Post Maria really thanks for sharing, second, I read all your comments people and makes me feel with renew energy…I read every comment and at the same time I cry, laugh, think but help me a lot…and I still miss my husband he´s my Bratt, my husband my Hero (after God of course)
=)