Feb

The Beauty Products I can’t live without

by MARIA on February 15, 2010

I have a deep appreciation for beauty products – I go through phases where I buy them like crazy. But I have a few that I cannot live without:

TWEEZERMAN TWEEZERS:

These are hands-down the best tweezers you can get. If you’re trying to avoid the Sasquatch look, I suggest you buy yourself some right away.

BENEFIT BAD GIRL MASCARA:

I love this mascara. It has a fabulous brush and it never clumps.

PHILOSOPHY HOPE IN A JAR MOISTURIZER

This is a fantastic moisturizer for my very dry skin (especially in the winter) – totally non-greasy and lasts forever.

So, what about you?

What is the one beauty product you can’t live without?

Please let me know what you love – I will be adding your favs to this post to create a list of great products as a reference for you and for me (mostly for me).

1 Katie@DomesticDebacle February 15, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I CAN’T live without Mary Kay’s (slutty) Red lipstick. OMGoodness. It’s like crack to me.

2 Sarah February 15, 2010 at 4:07 pm

I cannot live without… um… wow. Wait a sec, I will think of one. Does lipbalm count? ‘Cause I l-o-v-e my Blistex medicated lipbalm.

As for beauty products? I’ve tried so many and I haven’t found any that I am in love with. I do like Mineral Make-up and I use Maybelline (I think).

For someone who rarely leaves the house with no make-up, you’d think I’d have a CLUE! Sheesh!

I am a disgrace to my former self. ;)

3 Erin McRedmond Roseberry February 15, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Bare Escentuals Makeup. Love it!!

4 Lux Mommy February 15, 2010 at 4:07 pm

I CANNOT live without my MAC Studio Tech, MAC Lip Glass in Viva Glam V, and my Shu Uemura eyelash curler.

5 Michelle Peer February 15, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Thanks for this! I don’t have an essential list of brands, but if I were on an island I’d have to have lip balm and mascara!

6 PattiM February 15, 2010 at 4:13 pm

I can’t live without mascara, don’t care what kind. Without it, I look eyeless!

7 Cheryl February 15, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I also cannot live with my Hope in a Jar from Philosophy! I love all of their products actually! I just fell in LOVE with the Golden Bronzer from e.l.f. and it is only three bucks! Can’t beat that!

8 Karen Bannan February 15, 2010 at 4:34 pm

30 SPF face cream. Absolutely.

9 Jessica - This is Worthwhile February 15, 2010 at 4:36 pm

For me it’s Bare Minerals Matte foundation powder and any kind of mascara that doesn’t flake. PLEASE I hope someone shares which mascara doesn’t flake, cuz I’ve been on a mission for YEARS to find some.

10 Jaded Perspective February 15, 2010 at 4:38 pm

For starters, my first two are your first two! I also love Lash Injection by Too Faced.
I love my Benefit Dallas face powder too.

11 Beth February 15, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I’m a big fan of an oatmeal and avacado clay face mask that I use regularly. Fabulous on the skin. Sadly, I also have to say that like Sarah, I’m a bit of a disgrace to my former self too, because makeup is a rarity. I think the majority of my cosmetics are still covergirl and many could probably use replacing!

12 Beth February 15, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Oh, also mascara! Blond eyelashes don’t do much on their own!!

13 Susan February 15, 2010 at 4:48 pm

No, I don’t work for Bliss, but I should get paid for all the bragging I do for them about how fabulous their products are

1. Bliss Spa Body Butter–I go through a tube of this a month.
2. Bliss Peelin’ Groovy–best thing I’ve ever tried for evening out skin tone & texture. Eliminated California sun age spots in a week.
3. Bliss Youth as we Know It Anti-Aging Eye Cream & Moisture Cream–the best. Hands down. Very expensive, though.
4. Philosophy Purity face wash–when origins stopped making the bar soap I used for 20 years, I tried this. It’s excellent.
5. Philosophy Microdelivery facial pads–great for travel.
6. Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide leave-on oil for blowdrying/flatironing. Really works. Makes hair supershiny.
7. Origins A Perfect World skin guardian–for when it’s REALLY cold & windy out, I put tons of this on.
8. L’Occitane Shea Butter (the stuff in a little tin)–my lower lip cracks, peels and bleeds. This is the only thing that has ever healed them.
9. Vitamins A-C-E twice a day
10. As much water as I can gulp down every day

14 Sara February 15, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Aveda lip tint AND I just found out it is discontinued- story of my life!

15 Dawn February 15, 2010 at 4:56 pm

1) Eyelash curler
2) Mascara (for the past yr it’s been Maybelline Colossal Lash, the yellow tube)

everything else is gravy ;) or eye candy, once my eyes look open!

But I will mention other faves:
*Natural Twinkle cheekers blush by Covergirl
*Essie or OPI nail polish
*and my best find/value: Blend ‘n Glow™ is a lightweight bronzing powder that blends easily and evenly. Its oil-absorbing formula controls shine. In Natural Blush & Sun Kissed. I use it as highlighter or bronzer or blush or just as a face brightener!

16 Dawn February 15, 2010 at 4:57 pm

oops. The Blend n Glow is by BONNE BELL!

17 The Only Girl February 15, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I’ll have to give those I try. I also suffer greatly from a beauty product appreciation. My fav is lipgloss. Any kind.

18 Carrie February 15, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I can’t think of anything I can’t live without. I’m not loyal to any particular brand and frequently change things up…I’m a company’s worst nightmare :op

19 A Crafty Mom February 15, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Worth every single penny. I swear. I use my Shoppers Optimum points to get it. It has changed my life. You must try it :)

20 Christine LaRocque (LiteMochaMom) February 15, 2010 at 7:27 pm

It’s not a product, cause I use so few, but I CANNOT live without a bath! It make not make me beautiful, but it sure makes me smell and feel good :-)

21 becca February 15, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Cargo Lipgloss – like buttah on my lips. Love it.
Philosophy Hair straightening balm – expensive but worth it
Almay eye makeup remover. Non irritating, perfect size pads.

Great idea for a post!

22 Nenette February 15, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Aveda Liptint in CocoPlum
Can’t live without it…

23 Ottavia "Tammy" February 15, 2010 at 8:50 pm

I cannot live without my bronzing beads from The Body Shop! Without that I’m as pale as a ghost. It give you a glowy tan without looking made up.

24 Zakary February 15, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Burt’s Bees Lip Balm (honey) and all things Origins.

I’m an Origins WHORE.

(But I use Suave shampoo, you know, to balance out the $$$$ I spend on my face.)

25 Elaine February 15, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I don’t know if it’s considered a “beauty product” but it’s Carmex, baby. Must have Carmex.

26 bluecottonmemory February 16, 2010 at 12:20 am

Oh, I couldn’t live without my natural pink lipstick. I LOVE lipstick. And my moisturizer! I’m going to look into the mascara, though. Not liking mine?)

Have a great day!

27 stacy February 16, 2010 at 12:45 am

I am a new lover of all things M.A.C. Deep inside I think I am cool enough (and most certainly NOT too old) to pull off some of their crazy eye shadow shades…but the party of my brain that controls my self esteem won’t let me go there!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Love the expression “Junk Punch”!

28 M February 16, 2010 at 3:37 am

I am all about the Tweezermans. My favs are the super pointy ones. My others are Bare Escentuals Makeup and MAC clear Lipglass.

29 Natalie @ Hope Springs Eternal February 16, 2010 at 6:32 am

Stopping by from SITS!

My must have beauty item is St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I don’t wear makeup often… So mine is the apricot scrub! Love it!

30 lz February 16, 2010 at 9:38 am

So, so many…you’d think I’d be gorgeous! Korres White Tea Face Wash, Clarisonic Facial Brush, MAC Lip balm in Petting Pink, MAC Studio Fix powder, Bobbi Brown Mascara, Bobbi Brown lipstick in Slopes, Kiehl’s Cream with Silk Groom, any kind of hand cream, Smashbox Primer. Oh, and Pro-Activ occasionally. That stuff is amazing.

31 Jenny February 16, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Visiting from SITS! I don’t think I could live without my velcro rollers. Sad but true.

32 Jenny February 16, 2010 at 1:07 pm

those are cool. i’m not one for makeup though. i don’t like how it feels on my face.

33 Sunday Stilwell February 16, 2010 at 4:49 pm

I love Tweezerman tweezers.
Mine got lost in my last move and I have been suffering from horrid eyebrows ever since.
Thank GOD for waxing!

I also love the Baby Grace scented products from Philosophy but they always sell out at my local store.

34 Debbie in Nashville February 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I can’t live without my tweezers!

35 Laurie February 16, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Fave beauty product ever is my Oil of Olay tinted moisturizer – hides imperfections and evens out the red – love it!!

36 Lady Mama February 16, 2010 at 11:19 pm

I’ve never tried those Tweezerman tweezers – heard very good things about them though. And I like the look of that mascara – might have to try that one! As for things I can’t live without…. mac eye shadows and lip gloss.. touche eclat is a must for the ‘ol under eye bags.. and I always keep tea tree oil handy for spots. Great post mama! :)

37 Andrea February 16, 2010 at 11:46 pm

I’ve just discovered Buxom mascara from Bare Escentuals. Fab.

38 denise February 17, 2010 at 9:51 am

Stopping by from SITS to say HI! I have made a promise to myself to visit and comment on all blogs posted to spread the love!

39 The Mommyologist February 17, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I cannot live without Johnson’s Baby Shampoo…for removing eye makeup!! It works like a charm, doesn’t sting, and gets every last bit of black mascara off!

I’ve also developed a new love for Garnier Fructis hair products. I swore I’d never buy cheap shampoo, but this stuff is AMAZING!

40 Shannon @ Anchormommy February 17, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Lash Blast Mascara by CoverGirl. Hands down the best mascara I’ve ever tried. I buy it like a maniac when it’s on sale, because I am totally devoted to it.

Also? Lanolin (a.k.a. nipple cream) for my lips. Leaves a beautiful glossy finish and stays on for HOURS.

These two items keep me from feeling like a goblin when I’m otherwise makeup-less at the gym.

41 Nikita (@RantingRaving) February 17, 2010 at 11:40 pm

I have to agree, I love Tweezerman! They were an expensive splurge but I have never needed to replace them which was not the case with the cheaper kind.

I’m still hunting for a good mascara, will try that one out!

42 Jessica Jones February 18, 2010 at 12:33 am

I amnot much into makeup but have been looking for a good mascara! where do you get it?

I loe bare minerals and aussie 3 minute conditioner!

stopping by from SITS and am now a follower

43 Maria February 18, 2010 at 12:34 am

The Benefit Mascara you can get from Sephora (online and in store) and if you’re in Canada, you can get it from Shopper’s!

44 denise February 18, 2010 at 7:44 am

I’d say the Tweezerman tweezers!
Stopping by from SITS! Please stop by! http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/

45 carma February 18, 2010 at 1:04 pm

L’Oreal felt tip liquid liner (what can I say – I’m a child of the 80′s!)

46 Robyn February 18, 2010 at 7:52 pm

My Clarisonic! It’s like happy hour for my face!

47 momsmanyprojects February 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Lip balm is the main thing I could not live without!

48 Babes about Town February 19, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Swinging by from SITS, the title of your post caught me. I love Philosophy, mostly it’s the packaging and branding that seduces.

I’m not much of a make-up gal but love my skincare products. I’m pretty addicted to Superdrug Vitamin E body cream (probably UK only?) although I’ve recently discovered Garnier Body Tonic and have to say it’s looooovely :-)

49 Kimberly Irwin February 24, 2010 at 11:29 am

If your skin is so dry that it looks like a light snowfall when you take your clothes off at night … Trillium Organics Lime Organic Body Polish is the product for you! American company but you can find it at The Great Canadian Backrub store. From a 40 year old mom with 80 year old looking hands!