May

Dear Husband, Mother’s Day is coming. I’ve made it easy for you. You’re welcome. Love Me.

by MARIA on May 4, 2010

Dear Husband, I know you try (and fail) in the gift department time and time again. But let me give you some advice, k? No gift cards – gift cards suck when they come from your husband. And no flowers, because they just go ahead and die, and PLEASE no chocolate, and we both know why on that one. Instead, try to think about the things I like – being married for almost 10 YEARS might help that along. Or if all else fails, which it usually does, just ask me, but you usually don’t, hence why you forced my hand, and now I have no choice but to make this list.  And because I’m so in love with you, I have now given you a list for not only Mother’s Day, but also my birthday, my nameday, our anniversary, the first day of summer and whenever you need to get out of the doghouse. You’re welcome.

1. JCREW Handbag – It’s been a while since you bought me anything from JCrew (actually it was YEARS ago) and this handbag called me and asked to come over.

2. Clarisonic Mia Skin Brush - My pores are sad and neglected and I’m just tired of the teenage acne that I’m now getting in my old age. This brush is supposedly a miracle worker, and I needs a miracle!

3. Coach Watch - What time is it again? I figure this one would also be a service to you because I would stop asking you the time every five minutes. Also, if ever caught in a MacGruber life and death situation, I’m going to need to know how much time I have left before that bomb detonates.

Coach Product

4. Canon DSLR – I’ve been asking my girlies on Twitter about this one, and I know you will be so happy that I’ve done the legwork for you. All you need to do is head over to Henry’s and pick it up. Oh, and don’t forget a 50mm lens while you’re at it. Again, you are so welcome.

5. MacBook - As my husband and Sugardaddy (yes, we can both laugh at the irony of that term on so many levels) you really need to hit the Apple store the next time you’re in the big city.  I know my happiness ultimately determines your happiness, no? I just want you to be happy, k, so remember, APPLE store a.s.a.p.

6. iPhone - I hate my BB. Now, please get me that iPhone 4G that is supposedly coming out in June – which is technically too late for Mother’s Day, but I’m sure there is something in June that this would be perfect for, like Flag Day?

Try to ignore the fact that all these items are pricey – because it’s the thought that counts, and I’m thinking that any of these would be super great to open on Sunday.

Happy Shopping, Husband.

Love, Me.

1 Jenni Williams May 4, 2010 at 10:35 am

Damn your mothers day gifts are MUCH higher end than mine. I am pretty sure I am getting a handpainted (by three boys) planter.

2 Maria May 4, 2010 at 10:37 am

I never said they were realistic!! I’m a dreamer.

3 mapsgirl May 4, 2010 at 10:38 am

Great list!! I particularity like #2 and #5. :)

4 sarah May 4, 2010 at 10:51 am

Nice! All I asked for was an ice cream cake from DQ (which is totally weird ’cause I am not a huge fan of ice cream). I am taking bets on whether T remembers… I’m thinking ‘no’ because he called me yesterday and said “Crap. Happy Mother’s Day. Sorry I missed it.” He seemed disappointed when I told him it hadn’t happened yet. ;)

5 Maria May 4, 2010 at 11:13 am

That is hilarious – and sad at the same time.

6 ParentClub May 4, 2010 at 10:57 am

Loving that bag!

7 Lisa May 4, 2010 at 11:33 am

That’s an awesome list!

Can I just copy your list and give it to MY husband ?! LOL

P.S. Love the “my happiness ultimately determines your happiness, no ? I just want you to be happy….” OMG ! Hysterical Maria !!!! LOL

@pbajmom

8 sands May 4, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Loved the choices…….can I add a Kindle to it!!

9 Maria May 4, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Absolutely – I actually want a KOBO too, but thought I should stop at 6 – because I’m nice like that.

10 sands May 10, 2010 at 3:08 pm

hey maria! Guess what, I got Kindle on mother’s day!! Did I just die and went to heaven?? I never told him that I want one……but I still have one…cheesy!

11 joann Mannix May 4, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I did it last year. I saw a necklace at the jewelry store I liked. I had the jeweler hold it. I sent my husband over there. And, would you believe it, I had a Happy Mother’s Day! And I wear that lovely necklace all the time. It makes me happy.

Any of those faboosh gifts on your list would make me happy. I already have the macbook pro and that is paradise. But, that skin brush is calling my name!

Good luck and have a wonderful Mother’s Day!

12 pinkcb May 4, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I took matters into my own hands yesterday. I marched into Henry’s and bought the camera body that I’ve been jonesin’ for. Called him at work and thanked him for my delightful mother’s day gift. Win-win. He doesn’t have to read my mind or get me stuff I hate (suede skirt circa 1990) that I have to return. I get stuff I want without all the ‘why doesn’t he know that I want X’ angst. Now I have a smokin’ new camera to take pictures of the inevitable but much loved macaroni jewellery that will be forthcoming on Sunday.

13 Maria May 4, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Good for you, and I’m so there – I’ve done it myself MANY times.

14 Erin May 4, 2010 at 2:21 pm

This is a FABULOUS list. Maybe I’ll just forward it to my husband since you’ve already summed it up quite nicely…

I’d add that I want him to plant/build/set up a vegetable garden in the backyard. But that would require actual physical labor on his part, so that’s highly unlikely. Oh well.

15 Lee May 4, 2010 at 2:33 pm

This is a great list…now does your husband read your blog??

16 Maria May 4, 2010 at 2:52 pm

He does actually – and I will be reminding him to read this post, just in case.

17 Tortuga May 4, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Haha! I do the same thing for Hubby: tell him EXACTLY what I want so there’s no questions and no regrets. I do, however, accept all forms of chocolate (sans nuts) so if he gives you some, you know where to send it! Haha!

18 hotelqueen May 4, 2010 at 4:25 pm

I’m not a big fan of gifts for Mother’s Day, but fun list none-the-less. Hopefully he includes the kids (if they’re big enough) in the buying/wrapping/giving so that they learn about showing Mommy some appreciation :)

19 Shannon @ AnchorMommy May 4, 2010 at 4:40 pm

You are SO generous to do all this legwork for him! He’s a lucky guy. ;-) Personally, I really hope he buys you the MacBook. An iPhone would be awesome too, but MacBooks are the bomb. (Did I just say “the bomb?”)

20 Mandy @ Tempestbeauty.com May 4, 2010 at 6:09 pm

SUCH an awesome idea! I love it so much, I’m building my own.

LOVE your choices!!

21 Alyssa May 4, 2010 at 6:13 pm

What a list! That’s an “in my dreams” list except the iPhone – got an early motherday gift iPhone 3gs LOVE it…and it’s loaded with apps galore hehe
good luck!

22 LZ May 4, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I love that bag! That might have to make my list, too!
I have the Clarisonic…I don’t love it. If you get it, I hope it’s works better for you. I broke out from it.

23 Elaine May 4, 2010 at 10:23 pm

You’re SO accommodating! he he.

I think I want an iPhone too. And that’s me talkin’, the lady who still has an “old fashioned” flippy Nokia phone. I’m so old school…

And the BIG 10 anniversary is coming up for you too, right? Certainly you can get all of this stuff between Mother’s Day and that! ;)

24 From Belgium May 5, 2010 at 4:50 am

We celebrate mothers day on the 15th of August so by then that new Iphone will have hit the stores. Score!

25 amotherworld May 5, 2010 at 8:27 am

You’re too cute Maria :)

26 Loukia May 5, 2010 at 1:43 pm

No new purse from you. You just got one from Banana! And gift cards ROCK, especially if they’re for a massage or Chapters, yes, even for Mother’s Day, and I still love getting flowers.

Gosh… we are not seeing eye to eye here…

Oh, wait! IPHONE!

YES YES YES YES!!! I hope you get an iphone!

27 Loukia May 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Wait… I want the Coach watch and the camera, too…

28 lheyralston May 7, 2010 at 2:34 pm

OH MY!!!! THIS POST MADE ME LAUGH!!! MAYBE I SHOULD MAKE MY LIST!!! HAHA!!

LHEY :-)

29 Sweetheart May 10, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I´m so glad to find out other women feel the same about receiving flowers!
That bag is lovely!

30 Merry120 June 2, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Great list….so what did you end up getting?

I really want an iPhone but I get a Blackberry through work. It seems excessive to carry both. I did finally break down and buy myself a MacBook Pro a few months ago. LOVE IT!

31 Maria June 2, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I ended up getting the camera actually – it was a big shocker to say the least. Thinking I might just buy myself that MacBook on my own – my laptop is on its way out so it makes sense to do so at some point.