Eat, Pray Love

21st July 2010

eat, pray, love

I’m sure at this point you’ve at least heard of this book – Eat, Pray Love – One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia, by Elizabeth Gilbert. Many of you have already read it, perhaps even several times. I actually own it – it’s on my bookshelf, but I haven’t picked it up yet for whatever reason. I tend to buy books in piles, so I’m always behind in my reading. But Gilbert’s book has now been made into a movie starring Julia Roberts, and the fact that I’ve seen the commercial approximately a hundred times, has only reinforced the fact that I would actually like to check this book out for myself.

I tweeted this very thing last night actually, and was surprised to come back this morning with so many responses saying the same thing, so it gave me an idea. Let’s read it together. Leave me a comment below to let me know that you want to join me in reading it. After each section, ITALY – INDIA – INDONESIA, I will blog about it and add a Mr. Linky so you can add your post about what you thought about it as well. At the end of the book, we’ll do a final post with our final thoughts, whether you would recommend, etc. I’m thinking one week for each section, with a post happening each Monday – what do you think?

So, are you in? Let’s start Monday, that will give you time to pick up the book and start reading! Leave a comment below with your name and your blog name and whether you’re in!

39 thoughts on “Eat, Pray Love

1. Nicki

I am in. It is a re-read for me but I want to re-read before I go see the movie. I am already certain the movie will disappoint (that is the way I feel about most books made into movies) but the scenery will be amazing!

1. Maria

I feel the same way about most movie incarnations too, although there have been some pleasant surprises in the past. I would love to read it before I see the movie as well. Thanks for joining in!!

2. Nona

I’ve already read it, but I would love to follow along to see what other people think of it. I enjoyed it. From the clips I’ve seen of the movie, it’s more like it’s *based* on the book than an actual retelling of the book.

3. LZ

I’m in! That will give me the weekend to finish up Wild Fire. I’ve wanted to read Eat, Pray, Love for a while…

4. poiseinparma

I’m in! I just started it the other night, but am not more than ten pages in. I’ll hold off to be on track with this group. I want to read it before seeing the movie so I can be cranky when the movie doesn’t stand up to the original 🙂

5. Elaine

This is SO crazy because we are reading it for my Moms club book club too! I guess not so crazy since the movie is coming out, but still! I’ll join too – so fun!

6. Mommylebron

Hey, Maria, I’m in! I’m in a virtual book club and this was on our list. You can find us on twitter with #tvbc (twitter virtual book club). I’ll spread the word. 🙂

7. Loukia

I’m in! I have it on my pile on my night table, too. That means I have the weekend to finally finish Cider House Rules… okay, ready, set, go! Fun!

8. Shannon @ AnchorMommy

I LOVE THIS BOOK! I would re-read it with you all, but I think I’ll be too busy for reading pretty soon…I can’t wait to hear what everyone else thinks, though!

I found Eat, Pray, Love to be funny, inspiring, and refreshing –– ENJOY!

9. Heather B

I’m in! Started reading is a couple of months ago but school got very overwhelming and I had to put it down for awhile! I think starting over will be a good thing!!! Can’t wait to see what everyone thinks!!!

10. pamela

Hey Maria!

I also belong to an online book club! Maybe you’ve heard of us? @pprbackreaders on twitter. You’re welcome to join us as we were going to start this book in September because of Blogher.

11. Melissa

I would like to join in! It was next on my list. Just getting started on my current book, but it should be a quick read & I’ll catch up.

12. Lesley @Avalea

Hey! You’re like me. I buy books and read them whenever. I have just started the 1st chapter, so this is groovy that others are reading as well. I don’t blog, but would love to read along with everyone?

13. Pingback: Eat, Pray, Love – Get Reading Girlies!! « Bored Mommy

14. Pingback: Eat, Pray, Love – Indonesia (a.k.a. This is the END my friends) : boredmommyblog.com