Do you ever ask yourself what you would take with you in case of an Armageddon/Apocalypse/holy shit someone just blew up the Starbucks kind of emergency?
Okay, well let’s say you had to leave your house real quick because of a you’re-avoiding-the-in-laws kind of emergency (yes to some, this equals the apocalypse). What would you take with you in case of a fake emergency?
While you ponder, let me tell you what I would take.
First, let’s set aside the obvious take-withs:
- Kids – legally required to do so – also they are too cute to leave behind.
- Husband – full-time chauffeur – also legally obligated.
- Handbag – contains cash and 400 lip glosses that I can’t live without.
- Cell – because the urge to tweet is STRONG.
Obvious stuff now in hand, what about those other can’t-live-without items?
In case of emergency, I won’t forget:
- A lamp – in case I need to see something in the dark.
- Bacon – because protein is always important when running from aliens (and in-laws).
- Bandaids – to help in reattaching that limb lost when running from that meteor (or in-law).
- Perfume – because smelling like a daisy is always a lovely thing.
- A pen and paper – to make a list of things I probably should have brought in case of that emergency, that just happens to be happening while I’m making said list.
- Workout dvd – for those need-to-tone-your-thigh moments.
- Lego – in case I need something painful to step on when I happen to be barefoot.
- Starbucks card – because if I don’t have access to my daily latte, it might as well be the apocalypse.
- Photos of my loved ones – VERY important – DO NOT leave behind.
- Tape – to tape said beloved photos to the ceiling (for. safe. keeping)
I am so prepared now.
What will you take?