A-Z Meme

11th April 2011

I saw the A-Z Meme on Stephanie’s blog How to Survive Life in the Suburbs and decided to play along today. It’s Monday people – feel free to do so as well if you like!

A. Age: 37. Also known as depressingly OLD in my book.
B. Bed size: Queen. WAY too small to sleep diagonally when you have to share with someone! A King size bed should be mandatory in all marriages.
C. Chore you dislike: Folding/Putting away laundry is tied with the daily battles with the dust bunnies.
D. Dogs: Just an annoying one that lives next door.
E. Essential start to your day: Giggles from the little people, and CAFFEINE.
F. Favorite color: Apple green
G. Gold or silver: Silver
H. Height: 5′ 7″
I. Instruments you play(ED): Piano, Violin and Tenor Sax – PAST tense.
J. Job title: SAHM and Underpaid Housekeeper.
K. Kids: A seven year old  little man and a four year old tomboy/princess.
L. Live: Ontariopolis
M. Mom’s name: With a Greek accent, I call her Mama and Mana.
N. Nicknames: The kids call me Mommy Petunia.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Two babes and a three day migraine treatment.
P. Pet peeves: A long list – rudeness, bodily functions, nail biting, bad drivers, and bad liars just to name a few.
Q. Quote from a movie: “Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit’ll come back with you.” – The Hangover
R. Righty or Lefty: Righty.
S. Siblings: Two of each. And a few sistahs from another mother.
T. Time you wake up: The human alarm clocks I birthed usually determine that.
U. Underwear: Um, yeah. The commando years are OVER.
V. Vegetables you don’t like: Celery, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, and cabbage.
W. What makes you run late: My children move in slow motion in the morning, especially on school days. They take after their mommy.
X. X-rays you’ve had: Too many to mention.
Y. Yummy food you make: Quesadillas, Omelets, Pancakes, Stuffed Chicken, and Pasta.
Z. Zoo Animal Favourites: Love the giraffes.

Let me know if you decide to do this too – would love to read it!

24 thoughts on “A-Z Meme

1. Kameron

Random, but out of all those things I zone in on the underware comment. lol My friends and I just had this great debate a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know how women go comando. It is the most uncomfortable thing I can think of! 🙂

2. Shash

That was an awesome list! We have more in common than I thought – except I splurged last year and bought a KING sized bed. I love my hubby but I love my space more!

1. MARIA Post author

I hear you – the first thing I’m doing when we move to a new house is buying a KING size bed. Lucky you!!

3. ModernMom

OH I love that you did this! Thanks for the linky back to me:) Two things jump out right away….that quote: Made me laugh out loud! Second, three day migraine treatment? Oh ug..no one should have to endure that kind of pain.

Cheers!

1. MARIA Post author

Oh, the migraine didn’t last three days – the treatment did! The migraine was an ongoing issue that went on for a YEAR. Not kidding.

4. Finola

I will most likely steal this for my next post – answers and all, of course.
    Except. Um. You are younger AND taller than me. Crapola, Colin is going to pick you not me.
    Love,
    Your Slightly Older Twin.

1. MARIA Post author

Finola, you is funny. Officially one of the sistahs from another mother!! And yes, you have no chance with Colin, because I hallucinate better than you! 🙂

5. Loukia

My yiayia bought me a set of queen sized sheets the year before I got married. Based on that ONE PAIR OF SHEETS I told my husband we had to buy a queen sized bed, NOT a king size bed, because we had QUEEN sized sheets. REGRET REGRET REGRET REGRET!!!!!!!!!!

6. Nenette

OMG, you get migraines too?! Ugh, they suck. Going to see a chiropractor helped me a little and decreasing stress too. Yeah, not easy, that last one!
    Anyway, I did this meme too! Also stole it from Steph. 🙂

1. MARIA Post author

Migraines are just the worst – they used to be unbearable for me before that treatment. Now they suck, but I can still function. I’m heading over to check yours out too!

7. Pingback: A-Z and Back to Bed* | Farewell, Stranger