Change Is Good. Pricey, But Good.

1st June 2011

I’m tired, and slightly overwhelmed right now.

I’m in the process of planning a big purge, an even bigger garage sale, the painting of almost every room in our house, replacing some furniture, renovating our patio door and deck and buying new accessories, drapes, rugs and couches.

Um, can someone let my husband know that I’m planning all this? Oh wait, that’s why he’s holding on to his wallet for dear life.

Dear husband, I’ll make it easy on you – I’ll start small.

How about a much needed owl?

So cute, right? How about two?

I couldn’t help myself – love me an owl.

Um, DARLING, do you mind helping me carry a little something from the van?

Oopsie…. I bought something a little bigger than an owl.

Blame the owl – I needed somewhere to put it.

16 thoughts on “Change Is Good. Pricey, But Good.

1. Lindsey

Awesome! LOve the owls. So fun… and the cabinet! I get to do all this too at my new place. So much fun!! Was in Pier 1 today drooling. Think I have to have some fun with colours. Bored of tastefully decorated latte colour. Hope you post pics… or get your own BoredMOMMY Decorates show on HGTV.

2. Elaine

Love it, owls and all! I love re-decorating. I’m itchin’ for some new bedroom furniture but not until we move again. I see things all the time that I want and I just know when the time comes I won’t like anything out there! HA!

1. MARIA Post author

I’m the same – I always see things that I LOVE when it’s not the right time to buy it and then it’s long gone when it is!!

3. RoryBore

I like how you think! LOL
    Just picked up an old dresser that needs some TLC too. I can’t wait to get it all cleaned up and pretty for my girl’s room.

4. Kristen @ Motherese

You crack me up. And you’re right, of course: that owl did need a place to perch.

(On a side note: my baby girl just received the most beautiful pink blanket with the sweetest, wisest-looking owl emblem in the corner. Love it.)

5. Naomi

Hahaha. Love the owls. Why does this remind me of me like… everyday? Which reminds me, I haven’t seen my BF’s wallet in a long, long time….. must be hiding…..

6. ModernMom

Love the dresser! (oh and the owls of course) My advice, decorate and purchase first, ask for forgivness second. (or not at all) Happy wife, happy life!