This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic, the brand millions of owners trust to deliver their best night’s sleep every night. Enjoy our Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer now and give the gift of custom comfort to someone you love.
Can you believe it’s almost holiday time again? I can’t. The last year has flown by and here we are in November, surrounded by everything Holiday in every store and window display. I know it happens the same way every year, but every year it seems to sneak up on me. The kids have already started their Christmas lists (not surprising) and I like to give them gifts and receive gifts at Christmas, but honestly, it’s not what I LOVE about the holidays.
What are my holiday comforts, or the things that I cherish the most about the holidays?
- Hot chocolate at home (with mini marshmallows): It gets SO COLD here in the winter (yes, the cold makes me whiney), so we love to come home to a nice homemade, cup of hot chocolate (with marshmallows). My kids love warming their hands on the cup and love to sip it slowly while they talk about whatever seems to be the topic of the day.
- Cardigans: Yes, I’m a fan of the cardigan year round, but when it’s cold out, damn a big chunky, warm cardigan makes me almost like the cold. Almost.
- Gingerbread Houses: Is there anything that smells more like Christmas than gingerbread? Decorating the annual gingerbread house is great fun, and the kids are almost used to me standing really close and deeply inhaling that lovely gingerbread smell the entire time.
- Eggnog: My husband made me add this to my list of holiday comforts. All I have to say is gag.
- Reading bedtime stories by the Christmas tree: This my absolute favorite thing to do in the evenings with the kids. We’ve all got our Christmas pjs on, sitting by the tree, with the lights all sparkly, reading our bedtime stories every night. I just love it. It’s just a simple thing, but it brings me and my little people great joy.
What are your holiday comforts?
Comfort is the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list, so be sure to take advantage of Tempur-Pedic’s Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.