Here’s my lazy, very short, not much of a review at all, review.
Book One: The Hunger Games
- Super Fantastic, great premise, likeable characters and whatever else I need to tell you to convey that this thing is one enjoyable read. If you’re near a beach, that much better.
- You won’t be able to put the thing down.
- You’ll read it in a day if you ignore your children, housework and the telephone. (Not in that order)
- I read it in a day.
- Really good but not super fantastic.
- A bit of a slow start but picks up and becomes a can’t put it down after about the third chapter.
- Its slow start allows you to get some dishes done, possibly some laundry. The children might even get fed.
- I read it in a few days.
Book Three: Mockingjay
- Not remotely super fantastic.
- I’ll be honest, I’m still trying to finish this one – it is kind of, really boring compared to the first two.
- I almost prefer doing laundry than reading this book.
- Thankfully, I borrowed this from my lovely and understanding girlyfriend, because I’ve had it FOREVER.
- I plan on finishing Mockingjay at some point. Currently being used as a paperweight.
I will say that despite my sheer boredom re: book three, I am super excited about seeing the movie, which comes out this month, March 23rd!!
Here’s a clip!
What did you think of the books? Will you see the movie?….Can you pick me up? I need a movie date.