Week Two

29th March 2012

Just weighed myself this morning – here’s how I did using the gems:

Woo.

What did I do differently this week? I cut out Starbucks, Diet Coke, bread, pasta, and junk. I’ve also been drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day.

I’ve been eating lean proteins, tons of veggies and salads with 1tbsp olive oil & vinegar as dressing, low GI fruits like apples and berries, and Greek Yogurt.

It’s working and I’m spreading out my meals so I’m not hungry. The key really is to eat protein with every meal and snack.

The hardest part really has been cutting out the Starbucks trips and the Diet Cokes. However, after watching Hungry for Change online, I just can’t drink another Diet Coke – I like my brain cells too much.

I highly encourage you to watch it – it’s online for free until the 31st of this month (Saturday) – just enter your name and email and you can watch the movie here: http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

This week, I’m determined to start working out!

Week Two:

Weight LOST this week: 6.5

Weight Lost to date:  9

Weight left to Lose: 91

How did you do this week?

26 thoughts on “Week Two

1. melissa

WOOHOO!!!! Go Maria! That is awesome. I did the gemstone thing too after your inspiration last week. My official weigh in day is going to be Sunday, hoping to move some gems!!!

2. Managed Chaos

Way. To. Go. Maria!!!! I love the visual component with the gemstones. And 6.5 pounds in one week…holy cow. That’s like The Biggest Loser level kind of weight loss 😉

1. MARIA Post author

Thanks Tammi. The kids are loving the gems – they fight over who gets to move them over to the other jar.

3. Alicia

yay Maria!! That is awesome!!! Now you have inspired me! I have baby weight still left to lose about 25lbs left, and I have been stick for months at this weight. Sigh…..I need to cut out Diet coke, and a bunch of other stuff! I will start doing what you are doing and hopefully this weight will start to come off!
    Soooo proud of you!

1. MARIA Post author

Seriously Alicia, watch that movie – they talk about Diet Coke. When you hear what it actually does to your brain, you’ll stop drinking it cold turkey. Good luck!!

4. Jen @littlemissmocha

9 lbs already? That’s crazy talk. You’re doing all the right things, and I’m so glad you are seeing results. Makes it so much easier to say “I’m keeping it up this week too!” I just posted last night about mamas not looking after themselves – so happy to see you taking good care of you. Keep up the awesome.

5. nicole

Good job Maria! That is awesome!

I have cut way back on soda, but still drink Coke Zero a couple of times a week. Maybe I’ll watch the movie, but I might not be ready for reality. 😉 You should put the money you are saving cutting out Starbucks into a new wardrobe fund to reward yourself on your journey! So proud of you!

6. Shelley R

Way to go Maria! That is awesome. I look forward to these posts, this one has peaked my interest…that maybe I could do it too! Congrats and keep going, you can do it! (even without the Starbucks lol)

7. Suzanne

Hi Maria, Well done, I also am trying to lose weight and tone up. It is so nice to see success and it powers you on to do more, in the end this will give you even more success. Again, congrats and keep it up.

8. Pingback: Week Three | BORED Mommy