weekfour

Low Carb Weight Loss – Week Four

12th April 2012

Here’s how I did this past week:

Double Woot!

Feeling really good – have caught up on so much sleep that I almost feel guilty about it. Almost.

I’ve gone from eating crap and junk food and a TON of sugar to eating none of that. In the last four weeks, I’ve eaten a TON of salads. My salad of choice? Mixed greens, cucumber, peppers, tomato, chicken breast, a bit of feta and a tbsp of olive oil. Did I mention that I’m DROWNING in how much water I’m drinking? 2-3 litres a day if not more – the only downside to that is I spend a lot of time going to the bathroom. TMI?

Oh, and it’s been 18 Days since I’ve had a Diet Coke or Starbucks or any coffee. I’m the first to admit that I’m SHOCKED that I’ve made it this far. Miracles do happen.

This weekend, I’ll be celebrating Orthodox Easter, so it will be a bit of a bummer having to avoid all the delicious Greek foods that my mom makes for every holiday, but I’m going to suck it up, try to avoid the fattening stuff and stick with chicken and salad.

So here’s where I’m at with the numbers:

Week Four:

Weight LOST this week: 3.5

Weight Lost to date: 15.5

Weight left to Lose: 84.5

First Goal: 10 pounds (Reward: Magazine subscription) – DONE April 5/12 (ordered subscription to Vanity Fair)

Second Goal: 20 pounds (Reward: New perfume)

Third Goal: 30 pounds (Reward: Sephora!)

Fourth Goal:  40 pounds (Reward: Cute flats)

Fifth Goal: 5o pounds (Reward: Some new clothes)

Sixth Goal: 60 pounds (Reward: New Glasses/Sunglasses)

Seventh Goal: 70 pounds (Reward: Massage)

Eighth Goal: 80 pounds (Reward: Get my hair done)

Ninth Goal: 90 pounds (Reward: Weekend away with my girlies)

Final Goal: 100 pounds – GOAL WEIGHT! (Reward: An overpriced, obnoxious handbag)

How was your week??

• See Week One Here (I explain the jars of gems here)
  • See Week Two Here
  • See Week Three Here

29 thoughts on “Low Carb Weight Loss – Week Four

1. MARIA Post author

Thanks Brandy. WW wasn’t working for me at all. First of all, it allows you to still eat crap as long as you stay within your points, and I personally needed something more strict. I also hated having to count all the points and crap. With low carb, as long as you avoid certain foods, you don’t count a thing. And you lose weight so much faster – it’s the only thing that has worked for me and it’s a breeze.

1. Amy @ Muddy Boots

Hey Maria, GREAT JOB! I’m enjoying following you and your jar of jewels. Even though I have less weight to lose, you’re still inspiring me. I need to stop making excuses. The low carb thing works great for me too… when I stick to it. The problem is that I have NO will power. I can’t “just eat one” (ie, one easter egg, one bite of cake, one cracker) and be satisfied. If I “break” my diet by eating even one small little thing, it’s like the flood gates open and I eat crap the rest of the day! It’s got to be all or nothing… and it hasn’t been ALL too often lately. 😉

As for your salads, why not add a bit of balsamic? Does that have many carbs? I also love adding some chopped apple or a few dried cranberries and some nuts. Pecans are my fav for salads.

Keep it up!

1. MARIA Post author

Thanks Amy! I sometimes add just regular white vinegar, but honestly, I’m not a fan of balsamic and I don’t like fruits or nuts in my salads – I am a very boring eater. And I understand the all or nothing thing too. Honestly, if you can get past the first week or two, then you won’t even want the stuff that used to tempt you. I’m just so over hating myself for becoming overweight, that I just refuse to even tempt myself with a bite of anything. “One bite won’t hurt” isn’t in my vocabulary any longer. And honestly, cutting out the Diet Coke alone made a HUGE difference in my appetite – drinking water only is a revelation. Seriously.

2. Chantal

Way to go Maria! You are so close to your next reward! I had been doing ok on my diet and then my whole family got sick and I spent almost 2 weeks at home playing nurse and being sick myself. Lots of take out, ready made food for those two weeks and I am seriously off the band wagon. I need to regroup. Hopefully I will find my motivation again soon.

3. Gwen Styles

Holy crap that rocks! LC works wonders for me too, but my problem is “subbing” foods in… I’ll go out of my way to find a lactose-free, no sugar added, lower carb ice cream… then eat the whole pint. Or I’ll devise a fabulous homemade cracker recipe using nothing but water, almond meal and parmesan cheese… then eat about 6000 calories’ worth in one evening while catching up on Parking Wars (SHUT UP). Pasta and bread are delicious, so I’m sometimes sad I an’t have any… but it’s awfully hard to feel sorry for yourself when you’re itting down to a bbq steak topped with jumbo shrimp, with a side of broccoli covered in grated cheese and a glass of red wine to wash it all down, yaknow?

1. MARIA Post author

I hear ya – this works for me because honestly, I’m not an adventurous eater. I also love that I went from craving food and thinking about food and sugar and crap ALL THE TIME, to forcing myself to eat at mealtimes. I haven’t had any alcohol at all – I didn’t realize that we can have wine. I need to research that – for….research sake. Glug.

4. Alicia

That is amazing!!! You are doing GREAT!!!! I can’t believe you gave up coffee! I am still trucking along on my diet too. But, I still have to have my coffee, but ditched the Diet Coke. Yay for you!!!! I love that you reward yourself too! I may have to do that as well. I have been stuck at this current weight for several days. It is just not budging.

5. Brianna Phelan

My husband and I started this about 18 months ago. We have never felt better and been healthier or in better shape in our lives. Keep going, congrats on the accomplishments so far and you rock! Best of luck :)

6. Mama in the City

This is a timely post for has I’ve just started my postpartum weight loss plan. Love the idea of those rewards for each small goal… I’m totally going to implement that one. I don’t know if I could give up coffee though. I’ve switched my latte for an Americano in attempts to get my fix and save the calories. Can’t wait to read about your progress,

7. Kameron

Great job! I am still doing great with the exercise, but I think I really need to crack down on the diet. I have been stuck at the same weight for weeks..which is rude considering I ran 17 miles last week. lol

1. MARIA Post author

17 miles – that is insane. I wish I was a runner but I can’t even fathom running that far. I bet even with a few small tweaks, with all that exercise you would see a change in the scale.

8. Pingback: Low Carb Weight Loss – Week Five | BORED Mommy