Time flies when you’re having fun – this is never more true than when you’re on vacation.
We just got back from a week away to Kennebunkport, Maine and Boston – it was so fantastic.
As I’m currently under a pile of laundry and unpacking, I’ll leave you with some highlights for now:
- The 5yo lost two teeth during the trip – one in Maine and one somewhere in the car on the way home (tooth is still M.I.A.).
- The 8yo decided that “smiling with teeth is stupid” and refused to smile in most pics – the ones he is smiling in required bribery on my part. I’m ok with that.
- Going to a beach on a windy, cloudy day DOES NOT MEAN you don’t require sunscreen. Worst burn ever doesn’t even begin to cover it.
- There are no freakin’ bugs in Maine – seriously, not a single mosquito was seen during our entire trip – it was HEAVEN!!!
- Peeing “in da ocean is amazing.”
- There is NO Starbucks in Kennebunkport. I repeat, NO STARBUCKS.
- Watching my husband rediscover his love of taking pictures was absolutely a highlight.
- Having said husband take the same pic I would take with my camera because he had the “better camera”…. not a highlight.
- $3 cupcakes are overrated.
- Only in Boston can you stand next to a giant noodle. Yeah, I’m still confused by this one myself.
More to come!