As we know, it’s that time of year where people tend to be much more conscious of what they eat in the never ending attempt to get in shape or stay in shape. My husband isn’t one of them – he’s just a dude who likes a really yummy sandwich, a good home cooked meal and a yummy lager on draft. He’s also a big fan of red meat and could eat it every day – I’m more of a chicken/turkey girl myself. I should mention that trying to make him healthy meals usually ends in frustration because he’s also a condiments guy – covers whatever it is with something that inevitably drives mem crazy.
So with him in mind, I thought I would share with you a sandwich that I recently made with him in mind, using Butterball products. He likes a good BLT (who doesn’t?), so I thought I would take a healthier approach to the BLT by using turkey bacon. Here is my Open faced turkey BLT sandwich using Butterball Turkey Bacon.
Here’s what you’ll need:
I forgot the garlic mayo in the picture (also, a food photographer, I am not) – yes mayo isn’t the healthiest thing to eat but I’m beating the husband to the punch by adding it myself. Also, the garlic adds a really nice kick to this sandwich.
Now this is quite easy to assemble and doesn’t require much instruction, but here’s what I did.
- Cook the Butterball turkey bacon in a pan until nice and crispy – about ten minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut a diagonal slice of the fresh bread and toast both sides in the oven under the broiler.
- Remove from oven and add the garlic mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, bacon and sliced brie on top.
- Put the sandwich back under the broiler to melt the brie and warm up the sandwich.
- Remove and stuff your face.
Super easy lunch, super yummy and it’s a great way to incorporate some turkey bacon into your diet.
How do you incorporate turkey into your every day diet?
Want some more info about Butterball Canada? You can find them here: