Ho Ho Ho – it’s that time of year where giving things away warms my cockles. So when given the opportunity to review and give away a 10″ Toshiba Thrive tablet from Toshiba Canada, I jumped at the chance. Personally I was also very excited to check it out because I’ve been dreaming about a tablet for a while now. (Thanks Santa – Santa being Toshiba Canada)
So let’s get some of the basics out of the way:
- Thrive has a 10.1” diagonal high-res multi-touch LED backlit display
- It has full size ports – one USB port, an HDMI output, a mini-USB port, an SD memory card slot and a standard 3.5mm headphone jack.
- It has a 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and onboard flash memory in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB.
- It has a 2-megapixel front-facing camera and a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera.
- It is priced competitively at $379 for the 8GB model, $399 for 16GB and $479 for 32GB.
- I enjoyed the size of the display.
- Love the addition of all the useful ports. It was easy to connect it to our television to watch a movie and also download my documents to it.
- I really liked the textured back of the tablet and also that you can switch it out for a different colored back (five colors available at $20 each).
- It is really fast – downloading apps was lightning quick as were using the apps themselves.
- I liked the look and reactiveness of the touchscreen.
- Lots of great apps included with the tablet and many available for download (most of the greats were free too).
- Great battery power (I got on average 8 hours on a single charge) and love the completely removable battery.
- Great very affordable priced tablet.
- It’s a bit heavy – heavier than most of the tablets out there (weighs 1.66 lbs) but I liked that it felt sturdy and not so fragile that letting my kids play with it, would make me nervous.
- The camera didn’t take great pics (they seemed blurry and unclear). Also, when in landscape mode, because of where the camera is located, I accidentally covered the camera with my fingers almost every time. I found myself cleaning the smudges off of it constantly.
Leave a comment below telling me, if you win the Toshiba Thrive tablet, will you keep it for yourself or gift it to someone on your holiday list?
ADDITIONAL CHANCES TO WIN! (Please leave a separate comment for each so that each one will count as a separate entry!)
- Extra Entry #1: Follow me @BOREDMommy on Twitter and tweet the following (one time only): Enter to #WIN a @ToshibaCanada Thrive Tablet on @BOREDMommy blog – http://bit.ly/sjfGjM #canwin #giveaway
- Extra Entry #2: Like BOREDMommy on Facebook.
- Extra Entry #3: Like Toshiba Canada on Facebook
- Extra Entry #4: Follow Toshiba Canada on Twitter
- Extra Entry #5: Subscribe to BORED Mommy via email or feedburner of your choice.
- Open to Canadian Residents only (void in Quebec).
- Winner will be drawn using random.org
- This giveaway will run from November 23 to November 30, 2011.
- PLEASE make sure to leave a valid email and/or Twitter handle so that I’m able to contact you if you win.