The Penguin Drop Caps Series is a GORGEOUS series of 26 special edition classics in hardcover, that would make any booklover weak in the knees. Their covers feature an illustrated letter of the alphabet by type designer Jessica Hische, and create a lovely rainbow when displayed as a set.
I can’t believe it took me this long to discover these – they are so pretty and a great way to discover some reads you may not have considered otherwise. Penguin has so many great collections but this just might be my new favourite!
I bought myself the first five with a gift card I received for Valentine’s Day and ordered G, H, I, P, and X online which I know seems random but they’re the hardest to find evidently, so I grabbed them when I could. I’m still waiting for those to arrive, and dreaming of the other 16 I still need to get.
Are you in love with the series too? Have some of the books and need a few more to complete the set or want to buy the entire thing in one shot?? I’ve discovered an amazing online shop that will allow you to do just that. In fact if you love gorgeous books, you must check them out. JUNIPER BOOKS is based in Boulder, Colorado but they will ship internationally. If you’re a booklover, do yourself a favour and check out their book shop. Not only will you see so many of the beloved classics and series that we love to collect, but also some incredibly unique and beautiful custom book sets as well. Prepare to fall in love. Seriously.
Check out the full listing below!
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- My Ántonia by Willa Cather
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- Native Speaker by Chang-rae Lee
- Moby-Dick; or, The Whale by Herman Melville
- Five Children and It by E. Nesbit
- Butterfield 8 by John O’Hara
- Swann’s Way by Marcel Proust
- The Greek Coffin Mystery by Ellery Queen
- Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Kristin Lavransdatter: The Wreath by Sigrid Undset
- Candide by Voltaire
- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
- Sky Burial by Xinran
- When You Are Old: Early Poems and Fairy Tales by W.B. Yeats
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón