Parental Guidance the movie is now out on DVD!Billy Crystal, Bette Midler and Marisa Tomei prove that laughter is relative in this hilarious comedy that’s fun for the whole family! Old-school grandparents Artie (Crystal) and Diane (Midler) get more than they bargained for when they get stuck babysitting their type-A daughter’s (Tomei) overprotected kids. But things go from hectic to hysterical when Artie realizes the kids are running the house with their newfangled technology. By playing by his own rules, which include sugary snacks, old fashioned games and tough love, Artie manages to outsmart the kids and achieve the impossible- bring the family closer together!
- The iPhone: The iPhone is an Apple branded smartphone that made its market debut in 2007 and runs on the “iOS” or Apple operating system. The iPhone features include: web browsing, video playback and recording, voice calling, instant messaging and more.
- “LOL”: An acronym for laughing out loud or laugh out loud, “LOL”.
- FTW!: A guy like Arnie should be about as familiar with this commonly used internet acronym as he is with who ‘s in the running for the World Series. “FTW” stands for ‘for the win’ and is typically used in conversations revolving around sports or debate.
- StumbleUpon: For a Grandfather, to stumble upon something is not usually a good thing but StumbleUpon is a site that virtually archives the best of everything anyone has ever stumbled upon on the internet. So, if grandpa happens upon a really interesting article, he can share it on StumbleUpon and allow others to check it out!
- Facebook: Facebook is the largest online social network with over 1 billion users; the site is one of the best ways to connect with friends and family. Additionally, most businesses and entertainment personalities maintain accounts on the site and often host promotions for fans and consumers on Facebook. Grandpa might want to subscribe to his favorite baseball team’s page in order to stay updated on their latest events and news!
- Twitter: Twitter is one of the ten most visited sites on the internet, all that’s need to join the site is an email address and password. Site users interact with one another through “tweets,” or 140 character messages, and are permitted to “follow” other users who they find interesting; it is important to note that Twitter’s subscribers include the Fresno Grizzlies!
- Meetup: The Deckers may find that their new social media savvy motivates them to expand their social groups. Meetup.com is just the site to help with that endeavor and will allow Grandma and Grandpa to meet up with grandparents from all walks of life who share their interests. For Arnie that might mean reaching out to the Fresno baseball Meetup group! All that’s needed to join this site is an active email address for registration.
- Open to Canadian Residents only
- Winner will be chosen using Random.org
- PLEASE make sure to leave your Twitter name and/or email so that I can reach you if you win!
- Giveaway ends Friday, April 5, 2013.
UPDATED: Congrats #18 – Anne Taylor! Thanks to everyone who entered!!