Dear Husband, I know you try (and fail) in the gift department time and time again. But let me give you some advice, k? No gift cards – gift cards suck when they come from your husband. And no flowers, because they just go ahead and die, and PLEASE no chocolate, and we both know why on that one. Instead, try to think about the things I like – being married for almost 10 YEARS might help that along. Or if all else fails, which it usually does, just ask me, but you usually don’t, hence why you forced my hand, and now I have no choice but to make this list. And because I’m so in love with you, I have now given you a list for not only Mother’s Day, but also my birthday, my nameday, our anniversary, the first day of summer and whenever you need to get out of the doghouse. You’re welcome.
1. JCREW Handbag – It’s been a while since you bought me anything from JCrew (actually it was YEARS ago) and this handbag called me and asked to come over.
2. Clarisonic Mia Skin Brush – My pores are sad and neglected and I’m just tired of the teenage acne that I’m now getting in my old age. This brush is supposedly a miracle worker, and I needs a miracle!
3. Coach Watch – What time is it again? I figure this one would also be a service to you because I would stop asking you the time every five minutes. Also, if ever caught in a MacGruber life and death situation, I’m going to need to know how much time I have left before that bomb detonates.
4. Canon DSLR – I’ve been asking my girlies on Twitter about this one, and I know you will be so happy that I’ve done the legwork for you. All you need to do is head over to Henry’s and pick it up. Oh, and don’t forget a 50mm lens while you’re at it. Again, you are so welcome.
5. MacBook – As my husband and Sugardaddy (yes, we can both laugh at the irony of that term on so many levels) you really need to hit the Apple store the next time you’re in the big city. I know my happiness ultimately determines your happiness, no? I just want you to be happy, k, so remember, APPLE store a.s.a.p.
6. iPhone – I hate my BB. Now, please get me that iPhone 4G that is supposedly coming out in June – which is technically too late for Mother’s Day, but I’m sure there is something in June that this would be perfect for, like Flag Day?
Try to ignore the fact that all these items are pricey – because it’s the thought that counts, and I’m thinking that any of these would be super great to open on Sunday.
Happy Shopping, Husband.