I was really happy to be chosen to write about Indigo Kids, because if you know me, you know that I spend an obscene amount of time at Chapters/Indigo, and when I have the kids with me, we always stop at Indigo Kids.
Our Indigo Kids location was actually recently renovated, and it is huge! There are places to enjoy hands-on play, room to participate in crafts and coloring, reading sections and endless shelving packed with books and toys. If you’re looking for a birthday gift for any child, odds are good you will find something perfect among the Indigo Kids shelves.
I headed to the store Sunday afternoon in search of a gift for my niece who was celebrating her 2nd birthday Sunday evening. With both kids in tow, we walked around for a bit first, so the kids could also have the chance to look at things. They seem to always hover around their favorite areas, in hopes that Mommy will be in the “let’s get something just because” kind of mood. Mommy is a bit of a pushover, so I get that look much more often than Daddy. (No such luck today – sorry kiddos!)
I checked out the sections geared towards the younger set, and also did a bit of a search on the computers that you’ll find though out the store. As soon as I saw the outdoor play items, I immediately knew what I wanted to buy the little one – some cute things from the Melissa and Doug Sunny Patch line. This is what I bought:
After I paid for the items and told the cashier that they were for a birthday present, she helpfully removed all the stickers, and put everything in a gift bag with tissue for me. Anything you purchase from Indigo Kids can be gift wrapped as well. During the holidays, this was super convenient, and I took advantage of it several times.
Some other great in-store benefits:
- FREE GIFT WRAP (gift bags) is now available on kids’ purchases (as mentioned above).
- Great book AND toy recommendations by age.
- Wide, stroller-friendly aisles and colourful décor – a comfortable shopping experience for parents AND kids.
- Earn plum rewards with virtually every purchase.
Of course, you can also shop the Indigo Kids products and books online where you’ll find:
- Great recommendations by age
- Gift wrap and personalize message available for $4.95
- Free shipping on orders greater than $25
The gift was a big hit and my five year old informed me that she wants the whole lot as well. Awesome.
So, since I’ve talked about Indigo Kids so much, I would love to give you the chance to do some shopping of your own!
Enter to win a $35 gift card to Indigo Kids!
- Please leave a comment below telling me why you love Indigo Kids or why shopping at Indigo Kids is helpful to you!
ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL ENTRIES:
- Tweet this and leave a comment below saying you did: Enter to win a @ChaptersIndigo gift card on @BOREDMommy ‘s blog – http://bit.ly/zHTspe #IndigoKids
- Follow BORED Mommy’s Facebook page and leave a comment saying you did or already do!
- Open to Canadian Residents only
- You are welcome to enter this giveaway on other blogs as well, but can only win once.
- Contest ends APRIL 30, 2012.
- Winner will receive their prize within 4-6 weeks of the end of the contest.
- Please remember to leave a valid email address and/or Twitter handle so that I’m able to contact you if you win.
Disclosure – I am participating in the Indigo Kids program by Mom Central Canada. I received compensation for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.
UPDATE: CONGRATS to the winner Karen Sugarpants – Thanks to everyone who entered!!